Reimbursements on the Church Website
The church’s website now provides the ability for members to submit reimbursements directly on the church website. Organization leaders can submit receipts for church-related expenses by completing the following steps:
- Navigate to www.ChurchofJesusChrist.org, and click the My Account and Ward link.
- Log in using your Church account credentials.
- Select Leader and Clerk Resources in the option menu.
- Click Finance.
- Click Budget.
- Click Payment Request.
- Click the Payee field, and select the appropriate person from the list.
- Type in the Purpose for the expense.
- Make a selection from the Category drop-down list.
- Type in the Amount from the receipt.
- Upload a picture of the receipt into the Upload Receipts field. If using a mobile device, you can use your phone to take a picture and upload the receipt.
- Click Save
We can make your payment directly to your bank account. This will help us more quickly reimburse your purchase. We would request that you set up your EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer – automatically deposited into your checking account) information to facilitate the reimbursement (plus you will get your reimbursement faster). Please complete the information on your church account. Read information on how to setup your EFT information on the church website.
Reimbursements Through Heritage Ward
For a limited time, you can still submit reimbursement requests through the ward. Please download and fill in the Reimbursement PDF Form.
Please make sure to fill in the reasons for the purchases and get it signed by the organization president, attach the receipts and drop them off/deliver it to the clerk’s office at church or email them to the Financial Clerk or Ward Clerk.
Receipt Requirements – Please read!
As per audit requirements, every payment, cash withdrawal, and advance should have proof of the expense. Therefore, we require receipts to clearly show / include date of purchase, description of items, tax and total amount spent. The total on the receipt should only include reimbursable items – this means personal purchases should not be mixed with those meant for church reimbursement.
If there is any reason why you cannot include a receipt, we have been given this instruction: Digital documents or paper documents, such as receipts or invoices, are preferred. If a receipt or an invoice is lost, the substitute documentation should include a written explanation with the payment’s purpose, a description of what was bought or paid for, the name of the payee, the date the payment was made, and proper approval. Substitute documentation should be a rare exception.